The course is delivered by an experienced lecturer/practice – educator registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council on the Mental Health and Learning Disabilities, part of the NMC register.
1 Day Workshop:
Date and Time: Monday 1st July, 9:00am – 4:30pm
Monday 15th July, 9:00am – 4:30pm
Location: Billingham Community Centre, The Causeway, Billingham, TS23 2DA
The overall aims of this programme are to:
- Develop knowledge and understanding of dementia
- Develop an awareness of the principles of providing person-centered care and support for people living with dementia.
At the end of the session you will be able to:
- Define the term dementia
- Identify the most common types of dementia
- Recognise the causes of dementia
- Examine some facts/myths and figures about dementia
- Explore the experience of living with dementia
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Identify person-centred approaches to support in thw context of dementia care.
If you are interested in this course,please call, 01642 527916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org