This course is aimed at people new to First Aid who wish to become a recognised First Aider in a ‘low-risk’ environment, and people who wish to have basic First Aid skills knowledge.
People applying for this course do not need any prior experience in First Aid. In order to pass the exam, participants need to be able to perform CPR and the recovery position and successfully pass a multi-choice exam.
Successful completion of the course will lead to the following learning outcomes:
- The management of incidents
- The roles and responsibilities of a First Aider
- The treatment of casualties who are
- Performing Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Placing casualties in the recovery position
Emergency First Aid Fast Facts:
- This course is suitable for ‘low-risk’ environments such as offices, shops and community centres.
- This course meets HSE criteria
- The Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course enables you to give emergency first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill whilst at work
- The qualification needs to be renewed every 3 years
- Annual refresher courses are available, enabling qualified EFAW first aiders to maintain their skills regularly
- The exam takes place at the end of the session
- EFAW certificates are issued to all successful candidates
You can book a place on this course HERE
If you have any questions, please contact Mark.Ferguson@Catalyststockton.org
Please note that while the majority of our courses are free for members of the VCSE sector to attend, a £25 cancellation fee will be charged if you cancel your place within 48 hours of the training taking place, or if you fail to attend. In cases of training taking place over a number of days, you will be charged £25 for each session missed.
- August 11, 2022
- 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Catalyst House, 27 Yarm Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 3NJ