Cultures CIC is seeking to employ a Support Worker needed Stockton for a new Supported Housing Scheme.
Salary: £9.00 -£11.00 per hour
Start date – ASAP
The Support Worker will be working for a new supported housing organisation who focuses on a wide range of service users especially Refugees and migrants who might be at risk of homelessness. Cultures provide temporary accommodation to those who are most in need and vulnerable.
Responsibilities for the Housing Support Worker role include;
- Ensure Temporary Accommodation clients, those who are referred by the Temporary . Team are visited and appropriate welfare advice and support is given.
- Support clients to complete appropriate forms i.e., HB, Home choice, DHP, and Universal Credit.
- Helping clients with budgeting and ensuring that they have the correct benefits in place.
- Work closely with third party agencies including; Social Services, Police, GP’s NERS.
Supporting service users to access services in the community
- Ensure any issues with the property are raised with the landlord and had it resolved or passed this to the appropriate department.
- Ensure visits are carried out and support and advise given to those clients who find difficult to move on from temporary to permanent accommodation.
- Advice given to prepare for move onto permanent accommodation with preparations for furniture etc details to be given.
- Following visits to clients in TA do appropriate referral to agencies (if required), liaise, coordinate with different teams within and external to help move on the clients in TA.
- To be a successful you will need working knowledge in supported housing particularly working with vulnerable clients.
- You will have good communication and administrative skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Knowledge of the benefit system UC, Housing benefit etc (essential)
If Interested please forward your CV to email@example.com or for more information
Contact: Cultures CIC on 07748 644864 or 01642 605838