Thrive have a vacancy for a Treasurer on their board of Trustees
Purpose of the role
- to ensure the financial affairs of the organisation are conducted within legal requirements, accounting conventions and good practice
- in partnership with the Manager, ensure the financial viability and development of the organisation.
- a knowledge of financial accounting and reporting procedures
- an ability to communicate financial information to those who may have little or
no financial background
- experience in financial control and budgets
- hands-on book-keeping skills
Thrive Teesside is an award-winning, independent organisation which was set up in 2007 with the help of Church Action on Poverty. Thrive aims to close the gap between the rich and the poor by supporting financially and socially excluded communities to improve their livelihoods and gain the power they need to enact change. Thrive does this by way of: providing intensive one to one mentor support; carrying out detailed research and facilitating local action (bringing together local people and institutions, supporting them to set their own agenda, take action and campaign for social justice). The Rt. Hon. Nick Hurd MP, the Minister for Civil Society, has called the work of Thrive as one of the ‘best examples of Community Organising’ he has ever seen (BBC Newsnight, Nov 2011).
In 2009, Thrive became a Charity in its own right and from April 2013, Thrive have become fully independent of Church Action on Poverty. Thrive now fund and govern itself, delivering services and empowering people living in poverty to take action against and organise themselves to address identified issues of inequality.
For further information or to register your interest in the above vacancy, please contact Tracey Herrington on 01642 678811 or via email: email@example.com