Wednesday 11th March is No Smoking Day and we are supporting No Smoking Day and encouraging everyone to start their smoke-free journey. For smokers, stopping smoking is the single most beneficial thing that you can do for your health and will also benefit those around you.
We know that quitting smoking isn’t always easy. People who receive support from their local stop smoking service find it easier to stop and are four times more likely to stay smoke-free.
Their is a local team of specialist advisors have lots of experience in helping people to quit smoking – more information on how they can help and clinic times are attached to this email.
Below are some ideas on how you can support ‘No Smoking Day’ this week in your workplace:
- Share, print and display the Stop Smoking Service leaflet in your office/team.
- Share, print and display the No Smoking Day ‘What will you start doing when you stop smoking’ and/or ‘There’s never been a better time to quit’ posters. (Attached)
- Click here to see the benefits of quitting smoking timeline – from just 20 minutes, right through to 15 years after quitting!
- Share the https://www.nhs.uk/smokefree website with colleagues for more support and information available online
- Join other colleagues in adding the Smokefree image below (and attached) to your email signature for the duration of this week. (9th-15th March).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Nathan Duff from Stockton-on-Tees Public Health on 01642 528406 or Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org