Engaging VCSE organisations to develop and deliver prevention and health initiatives projects in the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees.
Stockton Borough Council Public Health and Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) partnered with Catalyst to deliver new and innovative projects that will have a direct impact on health and social care, aim to support people to be better informed about their health and empower them to make positive moves to change their lifestyles.
The outcomes expected to be achieved are:
– Reducing admissions to hospital through targeted interventions to those at highest risk of admission;
– Mental Health, incorporating public mental health, awareness of low-level anxiety and depression and improving access to psychological therapies (IAPT) services and early identification of dementia;
– Reducing Social Isolation in older people and preventing emergency admissions (clearly linking this to Better Care Fund activity);
– Increased access to Smoking Cessation services;
– Healthy weight promotional activities for families.