Youth Homeless North East would like to invite you to ‘Tackling Youth Homelessness’, a conference to present and discuss better outcomes for young people who may be at risk of homelessness.
Date: Friday 27th July
Time: 9:00am – 3:30pm
Location: Jurys Inn Hotel, Fry Street, Middlesbrough, TS1 1JH
The ‘Tackling Youth Homelessness conference will present pathways and guidance to achieve better outcomes for young people who may be at risk of homelessness:
- Young People Leaving Care – and the use of the national ‘Care Leaver Accommodation and Support Framework’ ( Barnardos and St Basils ) to support local work
- Young people involved in the criminal justice system – and the use of the national Youth Justice Accommodation Pathway ( St Basils)
- Working with 16/17 year olds – and the recently revised joint statutory guidance issued by MHCLH and DfE.
Youth Homeless North East are holding the conference with attendance from Youth Homelessness Advisers from the Homelessness Advice and Support Team, Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government who will be presenting and contributing throughout the day.
Delegates are particularly encouraged from
- Local Authority Housing Option Managers
- Children’s Services Leads for 16/17 year olds who are homeless or threatened with homelessness
- Youth Offending Service Managers
- Commissioners of housing related support and 16+ Looked After Children and care-leavers
- Third Sector organisation managers
- Other services that work with local authorities to deliver these services.
Booking is essential
Please notify them of any dietary or access requirements you may have at the time of booking.
If you would like further information or have any questions about the conference, please contact YHNE on firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more and book your place