There are still some places left on The Impact of Parental/Carer Learning Disability Training course. This course is vital to all frontline practitioners in the children’s workforce.
Date: Tuesday 3rd December
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Course Aim(s): To gain an understanding of parental/carer learning disability and the impact this may have on the well-being of children and young people.
By the end of the course participants will achieve the following objectives:
- Define learning disability and explore some of the learning disability support services available.
- Describe opportunities and barriers to effective assessment, including personal and societal attitudes.
- Analyse the impact and risks of parental learning disability upon parenting.
- Recognise the potential short and long term effects that living with a parent with a learning disability may have on a child.
- Distinguish your role and the relationship between adult and children’s services safeguarding vulnerable children and young people (think family).
- Understand the availability of the community nursing team.
- Understand the role of the community team with parents.
- Understand the role of the community nurse with other professionals and within the child protection process.
- Be aware of the resources available to improve working with people with a Learning Disability.
- Have a greater understanding of how their behaviour can affect the clients relationship with them.
To apply for a place: please complete the HSSCP Safeguarding Children Learning Application Form and return it to:
Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership (HSSCP),
Children’s & Joint Commissioning Services,
Level 4, Civic Centre,
If electronic signatures are used via email to HSSCPtraining@hartlepool.gov.uk as soon as possible.
Please note: All sections of the application form must be completed or your application form will be returned to you to fully complete before your application can be processed.
Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership’s (HSSCP) Safeguarding Children Learning Programme 2019-2020 (Issue 1) is available via the following link: HSSCP. Within the programme are details of the HSSCP Charging Policy and Application/Cancellation Process.
All of the courses within this programme are awareness raising courses delivered on a multi-agency basis. Please refer to the course details and target audience section to establish if the course is suitable to your job role. If your role requires more specialist training please contact your own organisation workforce development representative.
Please note: All of the courses in the safeguarding children learning programme can be utilised as a safeguarding refresher once you have completed the Safeguarding Children Foundation training course.
For those who only require a basic awareness or refresh of a subject area, the following web-link will take you to the Tees Safeguarding All (Child and Adult) E-Learning for 2019-2020, which can be accessed from any electronic device with an internet connection: https://tsab.virtual-college.co.uk/ (additional software may be required on some devices).
All of the activities within the HSSCP Safeguarding Children Learning Programme are available to all of the child and adult workforce working with children, young people and their families across both Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees, regardless of which geographical area they are employed.
If you require further information please contact us via email to HSSCPtraining@hartlepool.gov.uk or Tel: 01429 523825.