ACE Project (Against Child Exploitation) Catalyst Building, 27 Yarm Road, Stockton, TS18 3NJ
What do we do?
We work with children who are aged between 11 and 18 who are at risk of grooming or have Sexually Exploited. As project workers we work with children mainly on a one to one basis. Initially we build a trusting professional working relationship through home visits and contact sessions and upon achieving this then deliver focused education sessions with a therapeutic approach to achieve the following:
- Build emotional resilience
- Equip children with knowledge and skills to recognise risks
- Work together and agree positive solutions to prevent unsafe situations
- Encourage reflective thinking and increase problem solving skills
- Introduce strategies to enhance safety, self-esteem/self-understanding
- Encourage safe decision making and being in control.
Come and meet our friendly team, and visit the project on our Open afternoon on the 27th March 2019 between 13:00 and 15:00. All professionals are
welcome to come along and meet our project workers and access information about grooming and CSE. Refreshments will be provided. If you are interested in finding out more about our project or the Open Afternoon then please contact: ACEProject@barnardos.org.uk or telephone 01642 604593.
At the ACE service we have a number of rooms that are available for professionals to access. The environment we have created is a ‘Safe Space’ to engage with children and build trusted relationships. The service has 2 therapy rooms, 2 hot desks and a meeting/group work room. If you are interested in using our facilities please contact ACE and speak to staff.