The Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust has announced a package of new programmes supporting the Armed Forces community over the next year.
Three programmes will open for applications in April 2021:
- The £1.5 million Armed Forces Covenant: Force for Change returns this year with grants of up to £10,000 (previously grants were £20,000) for community projects that reduce isolation and promote integration; supporting post COVID recovery. The funding aims to benefit veterans, Armed Forces families and serving personnel affected by isolation in their local communities.
- The NAAFI Fund, which gets it funding from the Navy, Army and Air Force Institutes (NAAFI), returns for a second year with grants of between £5,000 and £20,000 to UK Armed Forces bases, located in the UK or overseas, for projects that improve the quality of life for serving personnel and serving families living on or near a Forces base or station.
- The new £6 million Sustaining Support for Armed Forces Communities programme will provide grants of up to £100,000 for up to a year of funding for existing charitable projects that are well used by Armed Forces communities but need short-term support to continue as a result of the impact of COVID pandemic on their charitable income. The first grants will be awarded in August 2021.
Two programmes are expected to launch in Summer 2021:
- The £1 million Strengthening Delivery of the Covenant: Sustaining Impact programme will continue to provide grants to local authorities. The funding aims to benefit veterans, Armed Forces families and serving personnel with better access to services and support at the local level and stronger links with local civilian communities.
- The £1 million Supporting Veterans in Acute Hospital Settings. The Trust is piloting an innovative new initiative that it says could lead to significant change in how veterans are supported in acute hospital settings throughout the UK. Veterans receiving in-patient care, both now and in the future will benefit. There is the potential for significant benefits to older veterans.
Further details will be provided as soon as the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust publishes the guidance notes to each programme.