Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust is now open for the second round of its local grants programme, aiming to support Armed Forces communities in the UK to become less isolated and engage more in their local area.
This year (2023), Force for Change will support ideas that need small amounts of funding to deliver changes or improvements for Armed Forces communities, particularly for those who are experiencing particular needs due to cost-of-living challenges.
Grants of up to £15,000 over one year are available for projects starting within one month of award.
To be eligible to apply, organisations must be one of the following:
- An established registered charity or community interest company (CIC) with substantial recent experience of supporting Armed Forces communities.
- An Armed Forces unit or base.
- A local authority.
- A school.
- A statutory body that delivers or co-ordinates NHS care.
The programme is intended to be broad to allow those who know the most about what is needed to deliver their ideas. All projects must:
- Demonstrate how they are needed and what gap they are filling.
- Help people from within the Armed Forces community to address a specific need that they are experiencing.
- Have been developed with people from Armed Forces communities.
- Not duplicate existing local provision.
- Support longer-term change.
- Funding can cover continuation of existing work, provision of pilot activities or projects that build on earlier work with vulnerable Armed Forces communities.