Grants are available to help UK museums, galleries and cultural organisations respond to immediate challenges connected to the COVID-19 crisis.
Funding body: The Art Fund
Maximum value: £ 50,000
Application deadline: 06/07/2020
The Art Fund is an independent fundraising charity. For over 100 years the Art Fund has helped more than 700 museums and galleries buy great works of art.
This programme has been developed in response to feedback through The Art Fund’s sector consultation which identified their priority areas for support: Audiences, Collections, Digital and Workforce.
Objectives of Fund
The Art Fund is providing Respond and Reimagine grants to help museums, galleries and cultural organisations respond to immediate challenges connected to the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, and offer support to adapt and reimagine ways of working for the longer-term future.
These grants can provide practical support to fund what applicants need now. If an organisation is experiencing an immediate crisis with no alternative sources of funding, The Art Fund can consider offering emergency support to help organisations manage during this difficult period.
Grants of between £10,000 and £50,000 are available.
The Art Fund will consider offering 100% funding.
Who Can Apply
All public museums, galleries, historic houses, libraries and archives in the UK are eligible to apply.
- Ordinarily have spaces for the public to visit and experience the visual arts or other object-based collections. This could include natural history, maritime and transport, archaeology and social history
- Demonstrate that they usually operate to best practice standards or have a good track record in delivering high quality public activity.
- Organisations that are a visual arts agency or festival are eligible to apply providing they can meet the above criteria and have a strong visual arts focus.
The fund cannot support:
- Theatre, music, dance or other art forms.
- Applications from individuals, artists’ groups, commercial organisations, hospitals, places of worship, schools or higher education institutions, organisations with a focus on music, drama, dance and artforms outside the visual arts.
The fund will support costs connected to re-opening, such as staffing, equipment or training, or planning for future activities. Applicants are encouraged to let The Art Fund know what support will be most helpful.
How To Apply
There are three funding rounds. The application deadline for:
Round 1 is 6 July 2020 with a decision by 31 July 2020.
Round 2 is 17 August 2020 with a decision by 21 September 2020.
Round 3 is 12 October 202 with a decision by 9 November 2020.
Applicants must register on the Art Fund website to access the online application form
Art Fund – Respond and Reimagine Grants