Grants are available for voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector organisations in the North East of England that are committed to delivering real community benefits, such as tackling loneliness and accessing employment opportunities, as well as providing support for young people to flourish.
The funding is intended for projects and initiatives in the North East of England that deliver real and lasting community benefit, alongside helping inspirational young people to fulfil their potential.
Two types of grants are available:
- Inspiration Grants: funding for inspirational young people aged 24 or under and/or organisations that deal with inspirational young people aged 24 or under.
- Inclusion Grants: funding for initiatives that encourage social and economic inclusion.
The grant size depends on the type of grant:
- Inspiration Grants are for up to £1,000 per person. Larger grants will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Inclusion Grants are for between £5,000 and £10,000. Larger grants will be considered where the project demonstrates significant community value.
Applications for the Inspiration Grants Programme are accepted from young people aged 24 or under and organisations that deal with young people aged 24 or under. Applicants must normally reside in Bernicia’s operating area.
Applications for the Inclusion Grants Programme are accepted from the following organisations:
- Constituted voluntary or community organisations.
- Registered charities, including charitable companies.
To be eligible, organisations must:
- Be based or working in Tyne and Wear, Northumberland, County Durham and Teesside.
- Have an annual income under £750,000.
- Have no more than 6 months’ running costs in reserve.
- Have their own bank account.
- A governing document such as a constitution or articles of association.
- A governing body of at least three unrelated individuals
- Have a safeguarding policy in place (where working with vulnerable people or children).