Under the Partnership Grants programme, Biffa Award awards grants of between £250,000 and £750,000 to support new not-for-profit projects that will improve a built or natural environment.
In a change from recent years, Biffa will hold only one round of its Partnership Grants Scheme this year. Both themes will be considered by the board at the same time.
Expressions of Interest are currently being accepted for both of the following themes:
- Built Environment projects should restore, modernise and/or improve facilities such as cultural, heritage or visitor centres. The facility should be inclusive and promote learning, curiosity and participation to large numbers of visitors on a national scale.
- Natural Environment projects should restore and/or improve the environment and the natural systems or habitats that support it. Projects should be working to Biodiversity 2020: A Strategy for England’s Wildlife and Ecosystem Services, its predecessor or a Local Biodiversity Action Plan.
The funding is to be used for site-based improvement work, not for movable equipment, staff core costs or storage facilities. The majority of costs must be direct capital delivery work.
Projects should be in a position to start work as soon as possible, once a formal offer agreement has been issued. The funding cannot support work that has already taken place.
Each project site must:
- Be located within 15 miles of a significant Biffa operation or active Biffa Landfill site.
- Also be located within 10 miles of any licensed landfill site (not necessarily owned by Biffa Group Limited) in England and Northern Ireland.
- Allow full public access for a minimum of 104 days per year.
The deadline for Expressions of Interest for both themes is 1 June 2021 (noon).