The great way to get a brilliant job in construction.
‘Starting Out in Construction’ is Bright Light’s new six-week training programme designed to equip local people with the necessary skills to gain a job in the construction industry. They are running this programme at their Teesside Park Retail Site along with other social projects in the local area.
Bright Lights know there are jobs and skill shortages in the local area and this course aims to support you to successfully apply for jobs in the construction sector. This FREE training programme is open to anyone aged 18+ who is unemployed and interested in getting a job in the construction industry. The programme is delivered by Community Campus ‘87 and is fully funded by British Land.
The programme starts on 19 June 2019, with an information session and ends on 1 August 2019, with a celebration event.
Key features of the programme:
- Classroom coaching with time spent alongside site managers and supervisors at the Teesside Park Retail Site to learn about working in the construction industry.
- Successful participants will gain:
- A Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card, enabling employment on a construction site.
- Nationality accredited qualifications, including Health and Safety, Emergency First Aid, Working at Heights, Asbestos Training.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided.
- Support in preparing for work including confidence building, CV writing and interview preparation.
- Introductions to local construction companies and agencies.
The information session will be on 19 June 2019 with interviews on 21 June 2019.