Are you looking for an engaging role supporting a long-standing local health charity through a period of transition?
Butterwick Hospice is looking for two new Trustees to join their Board. They are keen to increase diversity of thought, professional and lived experience in their Board, and they are particularly keen to hear from people who have a good understanding of health care services for adults and children or have significant business experience, are good strategic and empathetic thinkers, and have some insight or knowledge about any of the following areas:
- children’s services, long term conditions, palliative and end of life care,
- or business and organisational development, governance and stewardship
- however, they would consider applications from people with skills in other areas
As a member of the Board of Trustees, under the charity’s governing documents you must act in the best interests of the Hospice at all times. You must be able to contribute actively to the Board of Trustees role, working with the senior management team to agree the strategic direction for Butterwick Hospice Care, agreeing overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
You would also strive to safeguard the values of Butterwick Hospice Care and support the chief executive officer.
They are looking for two trustees with either paediatric nursing/clinical experience or business skills and an appreciation of other aspects of the work of the charity, who would be prepared to advise, support and develop strategic plans for the charity: other areas of interest include:
- Financial management, income generation and enterprise.
- Digital strategy, media application and marketing.
- Trading/retail subsidiaries and social enterprise.
- Human resource management and organisational development.
- Volunteering management.
- Collaborative partnerships.
- Social investment and impact.
- Public policy and public affairs.
- Clinical/health services policy/practice.
- Legal services related to voluntary sector management/employment.
- National and local voluntary sector.
- National and local government and statutory bodies.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org