The course aim is to raise the profile of children and young people who are sexually exploited in order to improve multi-agency working.
Date: Wednesday 11th March
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
By the end of the course, participants will achieve the following objectives:
- Increased knowledge about the current local and national context regarding children and young people who are exploited.
- Explore how young people become involved in/at risk of sexual exploitation.
- Identify risk factors and grooming process of children sexually exploited.
- Explore the movement of children for the purpose of Child Sexual Exploitation (internal trafficking).
- Knowledge of relevant UK legislation in the area of trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation.
- Understand multi-agency practical solutions to safeguard sexually exploited, trafficked and missing children.
- Knowledge of Operation Shield and understand the relevant form and how to complete and circulate this.
- Have increased knowledge of relevant Tees procedures.
To apply for a place:
Please complete the HSSCP Safeguarding Children Learning Application Form and return it to the Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership (HSSCP), Children’s & Joint Commissioning Services, Level 4, Civic Centre, Victoria Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8AY or if electronic signatures are used via email to HSSCPtraining@hartlepool.gov.uk as soon as possible.
Please note: All sections of the application form must be completed or your application form will be returned to you to fully complete before your application can be processed.
Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership’s (HSSCP) Safeguarding Children Learning Programme 2019-2020 is available via the following link: HSSCP. Within the programme are details of the HSSCP Charging Policy and Application/Cancellation Process. HSSCP Charging Policy.
For those who only require a basic awareness or refresh of a subject area, the following web-link will take you to the Tees Safeguarding All (Child and Adult) E-Learning for 2019-2020, which can be accessed from any electronic device with an internet connection: https://tsab.virtual-college.co.uk/ (additional software may be required on some devices).
All of the activities within the HSSCP Safeguarding Children Learning Programme are available to all of the child and adult workforce working with children, young people and their families across both Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees, regardless of which geographical area they are employed.
If you require further information please email: HSSCPtraining@hartlepool.gov.uk or Tel: 01429 523825.