Hartlepool Safeguarding Children Board still have places available on the ‘Communicating with Children Training’.
This course is designed for all those who work directly with children and/or undertake an assessment of children/young people and their families.
Course aims for participants to strengthen their practice in ensuring the Children’s Voice is heard.
- Understanding your roles and legal responsibilities in communicating and recording work with children and young people in the safeguarding arena.
- Recognising how abuse and trauma impacts on a child or young person and adjusting practice to build trust and capture their world.
- Practicing techniques to capture: views, wishes and feelings for meetings and assessment of children and young people.
- Considering barriers and obstacles to this work and finding resources and strategies to overcome them.
- Reviewing your recording of voice and the use you make of it in your plans with children and young people.
- Identifying cause for concern and possible indications of safeguarding issues.
For those who only require a basic awareness or refresh of a subject area, the following web-link will take you to the New Safeguarding All (Child and Adult) E-Learning for 2018-2018, which can be accessed from any computer with an internet connection: https://tsab.virtual-college.co.uk/
These safeguarding children training courses are available to all of the child and adult workforce working with children, young people and their families across both Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees, regardless of which geographical area they are employed.
To apply for a place: please complete the H&S LSCB Safeguarding Children Training Application Form and return it to HSCB/SLSCB Training Co-ordination, Children’s & Joint Commissioning Services, Level 4, Civic Centre, Victoria Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8AY or if electronic signatures are used via email to LSCBTraining@hartlepool.gov.uk as soon as possible. Please note: All sections of the application form must be completed or your application form will be returned to you to fully complete before your application can be processed. Charging Policy
Please note: this training session can be utilised as safeguarding refresher training if you have completed the Multi-agency Safeguarding Children Foundation training course).