There are places available on the following training course: Safeguarding Children with Additional & Complex Needs Training:
Date: 14th February 2020
Time: 9.30am to 4.30pm
This course is vital to ALL frontline practitioners in the children’s workforce, therefore, if you/your team member require this training for their role please apply asap.
The aim of the training course is for participants to strengthen their practice in ensuring the Children’s Voice is heard.
To enable practitioners to:
- Understand your roles and legal responsibilities in communicating and recording work with children and young people in the safeguarding arena.
- Recognise how abuse and trauma impacts on a child or young person and adjusting practice to build trust and capture their world.
- Practice techniques to capture: views, wishes and feelings for meetings and assessment of children and young people.
- Consider barriers and obstacles to this work and finding resources and strategies to overcome them.
- Review your recording of voice and the use you make of it in your plans with children and young people.
- Identify cause for concern and possible indications of safeguarding issues.
Please complete the HSSCP Safeguarding Children Learning Application Form and return it to the Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership (HSSCP), Children’s & Joint Commissioning Services, Level 4, Civic Centre, Victoria Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8AY or if electronic signatures are used via email to HSSCPtraining@hartlepool.gov.uk as soon as possible.
Please note: All sections of the application form must be completed or your application form will be returned to you to fully complete before your application can be processed.
Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership’s (HSSCP) Safeguarding Children Learning Programme 2019-2020 is available via the following link: HSSCP. Within the programme are details of the HSSCP Charging Policy and Application/Cancellation Process. HSSCP Charging Policy.
All of the courses within this programme are awareness raising courses delivered on a multi-agency basis. Please refer to the course details and target audience section to establish if the course is suitable to your job role. If your role requires more specialist training please contact your own organisation workforce development representative. Please note: All of the courses in the safeguarding children learning programme can be utilised as a safeguarding refresher once you have completed the Safeguarding Children Foundation training course.
For those who only require a basic awareness or refresh of a subject area, the following web-link will take you to the Tees Safeguarding All (Child and Adult) E-Learning for 2019-2020, which can be accessed from any electronic device with an internet connection: https://tsab.virtual-college.co.uk/ (additional software may be required on some devices).
All of the activities within the HSSCP Safeguarding Children Learning Programme are available to all of the child and adult workforce working with children, young people and their families across both Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees, regardless of which geographical area they are employed.
If you require further information please contact us via email to HSSCPtraining@hartlepool.gov.uk or Tel: 01429 523825.