Healthwatch County Durham is seeking to recruit a Communications and Administrative Officer to maintain a digital presence to increase the awareness and visibility of Healthwatch across County Durham and the region with communities and stakeholders and to carry out varied admin tasks to support the smooth running of all Healthwatch activities.
Healthwatch County Durham is the independent consumer champion for Health and Social Care. We gather patient and the public’s opinions about the services they use and make recommendations to make them better.
Salary: £19,976 per annum, pro rata, fixed term until March 2022 (with possible extension)
Hours: 30 hpw
- To support the development and implementation of a communications strategy that incorporates communication channels including WhatsApp, Webinars, social media, blogs, newsletters and traditional media to suit different community needs, to increase visibility and stakeholder engagement.
- To deal with enquiries relating to Healthwatch in a professional, courteous and prompt manner.
- To provide effective and efficient administrative support for Healthwatch County Durham.
- To support the Healthwatch Chair and Board members by preparing their meeting papers, arranging meetings and collating needed information, including desktop research.
- To maintain the Healthwatch website, newsletter distribution and marketing materials.
- To help to organise annual events and other engagement activities.
Key skills required: Excellent communication and people skills, an interest in supporting volunteer Board members and a real desire to work as part of a team. Good organisation and IT skills and the ability to manage a varied workload with a positive and flexible approach.
If you would like to know more about this exciting opportunity and would like an application pack, please contact the HR Department on:
Please note that the Pioneering Care Partnership does not accept CV’s as part of the application process.
Closing Date for applications: Midday on Monday 8th November 2021
Interview date 19th November 2021