Epic Teesside CIO is looking to appoint a Community Development Worker to work alongside their existing staff team and valuable volunteers.
The successful candidate will work within the following communities: Newtown, Ragworth, Roseworth, Parkfield/Town Centre, Portrack and Tilery.
As a Community Development Worker you will be required to inspire and support individuals and organisations to find out about community needs, aspirations, problems and barriers develop new opportunities, projects and support and develop activities.
Salary: £22K pro-rota
Hours: Part-Time 20 hours per week
Responsible To: CEO, Day to day management Community Development Officer
- Seek to actively engage communities in making sense of the issues which affect their lives.
- Set goals for improvement and respond to problems and needs through empowerment and active participation.
- Identify community skills and assets, issues and needs.
- Ensure local people have their say.
- Develop new resources in dialogue with the community and evaluate the effectiveness of existing programmes.
- Encourage participation in activities.
- Challenge inappropriate behaviour.
- Plan to attend and co-ordinate meetings and events.
- Raise Funds.
- Build links with other groups and organisations.
- Develop groups with strong governance to move forward long after the project is complete.
- Provide or buy-in training to ensure groups have the knowledge and confidence to take control of each project.
- The post is subject to annual review under funding conditions
- The post holder will be expected to work some unsocial hours as required
- Some travelling will be required for which a casual car user allowance is payable
- The person appointed will be based at Primrose Hill Community Centre, Appleton Road, Stockton-On-Tees TS19 OHL
Please request an application form by emailing: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 21st June 2021