“Improving Lives Through Advice” is a new multi-year core costs grants programme being delivered in partnership with the Community Justice Fund.
The Expressions of Interest (EOI) stage will open on the 7 August 2023 and close on 15 September 2023 at 4pm.
The funding available will depend on the size of your organisation.
- Annual income above £250k: Can apply for funding up to £100k per annum – maximum of £500,000 over 5 years
- Annual income between £150 – £250k: Can apply for funding up to £75K per annum – maximum of £375,000 over 5 years
- Annual income below £150k: Can apply for funding up to £50k per annum – maximum of £250,000 over 5 years
Grants will run for 5 years from 2024 to 2029.
Since 2020 £17.3m has provided 420 grants to advice giving charities all across the UK.
These funds have helped advice agencies do a wide range of things including:
- helping older people access the support they need to live independently for longer.
- keeping families in their homes
- keeping women and children safe from domestic abuse
- It helps disabled people access the income they are entitled to so they can eat and stay warm.
- It helps people to rebuild their lives after feeling war and persecution.
- It helps people from minoritized communities challenge unfair and discriminatory behaviours which prevent them from fulfilling their potential.
As the cost-of-living crisis disproportionately impacts those in poverty, we’re hearing loud and clear from the frontline the need for secure, multi-year core cost funding. This will enable organisations to meet the needs of their communities, properly support their staff and help deal with the staffing crisis which the social welfare legal sector is facing. The people working to resolve these problems are not limitless, but they are indispensable.