Red Balloons use Peer Support to give people a safe space to talk combining this with regular exercise to support people to improve their physical and mental wellbeing. All of their Volunteers have lived experience of mental ill-health so can offer an experienced listening ear.
They have been successful in securing COVID Resilience Hub Funding for a Pilot of their Wellbeing Buddy Project in Stockton on Tees, and they are recruiting for a Community Wellbeing Advisor.
Salary: £18,500 per annum (pro rata)
Hours: 16 hpw
The Project will offer focused Peer Support to people who have been affected by COVID – social isolation, bereavement, ongoing physical ill health, mental ill health or worsening of existing mental ill health, emotional wellbeing issues etc.
Wellbeing Buddies will offer up to 3 hours per week of Wellbeing support – via phone, zoom and face-to-face contact for up to 12 weeks. The ultimate aim of the project will be to support people to be able to get out for regular exercise and to engage/re-engage with the community. It will provide targeted help to support them to start walking to improve their overall wellbeing – energy levels, physical and mental health, whilst giving them a Buddy to talk to who has lived experience of mental ill health/difficult times.
The Community Wellbeing Navigator will work closely with the Volunteer and Project Manager to start up and run their Wellbeing Buddy Project Pilot. This will entail supporting the recruitment, training and support of Volunteer Wellbeing Buddies, holding a small caseload of service users, carrying out initial assessments with service users to match them up with suitable Volunteers. To supervise and support Volunteers in conjunction with the Volunteer and Project Manager.
The Navigator will also connect with, and build good working relationships with, other organisations in the Stockton area, to build a pathway for service users to progress onto at the end of their 12 weeks of Wellbeing Support.
You will have:-
- At least 3 years’ experience of working with service users on a face-to-face basis
- Experience of working with people with mental ill heath
- The ability to communicate confidently with a wide range of stakeholders, including good social interaction and listening skills
- A passion for being active and an understanding of how this can improve mental and physical wellbeing
- The ability to encourage, support and motivate people
You will be:-
- Non-judgemental with a positive approach to all people regardless of their background, lifestyle and choices
- Empathetic and positive with a calm demeanour
- A good problem-solver
You will get:-
- Full support and relevant training
- 30 days holiday (pro rata for part-time)
- The chance to build a new project from scratch, giving and receiving feedback and shaping future projects and delivery
- The chance to be part of developing and growing a new Charity
Please download Job Description and Person Specification from their Website for further information – www.redballoons.org.uk
For an informal chat please contact Leigh Trimble – Volunteer and Project Manager on 07871 658157
To apply please send full CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your covering letter should include a clear explanation as to why you feel you fit the criteria for this post.
Closing date: Wednesday 25th September