An army of volunteers, businesses and community groups has assembled across Stockton-on-Tees to make sure help reaches those who need it most during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Catalyst, Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council and the Borough’s Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise sector have formed the COVID Community Hub.
Our team of dedicated volunteers can help those in the following situations.
- Self-isolating because
• You have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has
• You have been instructed to self-isolate by the ‘Test and Trace’ service
• You are self-isolating ahead of planned hospital care eg: operation
• You have been instructed to self-isolate following entry into the country.
- Usual support is not available due to effects of COVID-19
• eg: family member who would usually do their shopping is self-isolating and unable to help during this time.
Support we offer:
- Prescription collection and delivery service
- Shopping delivery service
- Sign posting to other agencies for support and advice.
Referral to external organisations for:
- Food parcels
- Emotional support.
The team is determined to make it easy for you to get the help you need.
You can get in touch for yourself or if you know of someone who you think needs help ask them if you can contact the team on their behalf.
Call the COVID support line on 01642 733906
Lines are open 9am-12pm, Monday-Friday.
Can You Help?
The COVID Community Support Team already has a group of brilliant Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector organisations helping to provide support including:
If you are a VCSE organisation and you can help – then please get in touch using the contact details above – we’d love to hear from you. Demand is growing and we need more help!
If you are an individual and you have some time and would like to volunteer then please get in touch using the contact details above – we can put you in touch with one of the organisations we’re working with and together we can do so much more.