Winter Wellness Reminder: “Catch It, Bin It, Kill It”
This winter may be more challenging due to seasonal Flu infections and presence of COVID-19.
Taking some basic actions can help to reduce the risk of spreading flu and other infections.
To protect yourself and others it is advised and recommended:
- Remember to get your Covid vaccinations, and seasonal Flu vaccinations when offered
- Wash your hands regularly and cover coughs and sneezes
- Bin used tissues as quickly as possible and wash your hands
- Wear face coverings in crowded places indoors, and on public transport
- Allow adequate ventilation indoors or preferably meet outdoors
- Try to stay at home when unwell, and for 48hrs after symptoms ended if had diarrhoea and/or vomiting.
- If you have Covid-19 symptoms you must self-isolate and seek a PCR test
- Confirmed cases and those with Covid symptoms must continue to isolate
- Take LFD tests twice weekly
- Use the NHS COVID-19 app and check in to venues when you can
The local Public Health Team can help with any questions around COVID-19 prevention, access to and interpretation of national guidance and resources, outbreak investigation and management, identification of close contacts and isolation advice, and access to testing.
Please get in touch if you have a query, are concerned about cases or a possible outbreak.
You can reach the Public Health Team via https://www.digital.stockton.gov.uk/covid19-contactus or by calling 01642 528474.