You can get a LFD test if you have no symptoms and are not eligible for a PCR test.
About one in three people with COVID-19 do not have symptoms but can still infect others so you may wish to take a rapid lateral flow test on days when you’re more likely to catch or spread COVID-19, such as before you mix with people in crowded indoor places or visit people who are at higher risk of severe illness if they get COVID-19.
Fully vaccinated adults and all children over 5 who are identified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19 should take a rapid lateral flow test every day for seven days.
Please note you should not have a LFD test if you’ve received a positive PCR test result in the last 90 days, if you develop any new symptoms in that time you should take a PCR test.
You can get a LFD test in the following ways:
- By collecting a pack of LFD tests to do at home from any of the Borough’s libraries
- By collecting a pack of LFD tests to do at home from the Wellington Square Community Testing site or taking a test at the Wellington Square Community Testing site (see below for opening times)
- By collecting a pack of LFD tests to do at home from a local pharmacy. You will need a Pharmacy Collect code which you can get from the NHS website.
- By ordering a pack of LFD tests online using the GOV.UK website to be delivered to your home
If you choose one of the LFD home test options please remember to register your result online, regardless of whether it is positive or negative, following the instructions that come with the testing pack.
If you have a positive LFD test, please inform your school or workplace and book a confirmatory PCR test. The PCR test should be taken within two days of the LFD test. You can book a test online using the GOV.UK booking system or by calling 119.
In addition to being able to confirm the result of an LFD test, only PCR tests can be analysed further to provide information on the spread of the pandemic, including monitoring new variants.
Here you can read some ‘Frequently asked questions’ about LFD tests.
Wellington Square Community Testing Site (LFD tests)
Anyone who lives or works in Stockton-on-Tees can drop in for an LFD test at:
- Wellington Square, Stockton – Unit 5 TS18 1NA (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9am-5pm, Wednesdays and Saturdays 9am-12pm tests are available to take on site or take home to do, 1pm-6pm collections of tests to do at home only.)
There is no need to book, you can just turn up and tests are free. However, it is really important that you do not attend if you have symptoms, have had a positive test result or are waiting for the results of a test.
Read more HERE