Daisy Chain is looking for a passionate and committed individual to join our growing family support team. If you are experienced in supporting autistic children & young people and/or their families and are excited by the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of families across the Tees Valley then apply today to become a Family Support Team Leader.
Title: Family Support Team Leader
Salary: £23,080 (Pro-Rata)
Provider: Daisy Chain
Contract Length: Until November 2023
Supported by the Family Support Coordinator the post holder will work across the Tees Valley within a small team to provide bespoke support, guidance, training and strategies to families whose child has a neurodevelopmental difference, whether diagnosed or not.
Daisy Chain is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
- Act as the main point of contact for families in need of support and signpost to other staff and organizations as appropriate
- Plan and deliver assessments of families that are new to the service in order to be able to signpost them to the most appropriate services and support.
- Provide a bespoke package of support that is tailored to the needs of the individual families and may include writing reports, attending meetings and liaising with other services to ensure they get the support that they need.
- Deliver a bespoke package of training and learning workshops to parents/carers, siblings and children/young people with neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Build and maintain positive, trust-based relationships with families and young people/adults, in order to identify the key issues which are relevant to them.
- Plan and deliver 1:1 support and group support activities such as parent support groups and drop-in sessions.
- Maintain and develop an up to date knowledge of local service provision for appropriate signposting and referrals.
- Ensure current up to date knowledge of developments in neurodevelopmental disorders research.
- Contribute towards the protection of individuals from abuse by adhering to Daisy Chain’s Child and At-Risk Adults Safeguarding policies at all times.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained and that Daisy Chain’s GDPR Policy is adhered to at all times.