Deadline 22nd October 2023, for full fund details click here.
Grants are available for charities, community safety organisations, and other not-for-profit organisations across the United Kingdom to support projects and activities that will contribute to a reduction in electrical risks in UK homes.
A total of £250,000 is available.
Grants of up to £5,000 are available.
Grants of up to £10,000 may be considered for joint or larger projects.
The following can apply:
- Fire and rescue services.
- Trading standards authorities.
- Community safety organisations.
- Schools and other educational institutions.
- Other not-for-profit organisations.
- Only one application per organisation will be considered.
Funding is for projects and activities that are aimed at addressing the problems of misuse and/or lack of maintenance of electrical products, such as:
- Product testing and product replacement events (eg amnesty events to replace unsafe electric blankets, portable heaters etc).
- Educational and raising awareness activities.
- Home safety activities/visits.
- Data collection projects that would support the fund’s national aims to prevent electrical-related injuries, such as collecting data relating to injuries caused by electrical products, issues with products purchased from online marketplaces, or anything else that meets the funding criteria.
Any monies awarded must be fully spent by 28 February 2024.