Applications are currently being accepted to a £10 million funding pot that will award grants to charities and Housing Associations that are exempted charities, in England, Scotland and Wales.
The core priority of the Fund is to support energy consumers in vulnerable situations, but funding is also available for the development of innovative products and services related to energy. Innovation projects must:
- Have a realistic prospect of delivering benefits to existing and/or future energy consumers.
- Help to reduce the environmental impact of energy use and be efficiently managed and provide good value for money.
Examples of activities that can be funded include:
- Engaging vulnerable customers with energy issues and referring them for support.
- Energy advice that does not duplicate existing advice services.
- Installation of energy saving or renewable energy measures that cannot be funded elsewhere and/or are innovative or are being used in innovative ways.
- In-home safety advice and measures related to energy systems.
- Training and education on energy that is targeted at supporting vulnerable customers.
Grants of between £20,000 and £750,000 are available and can be used for capital or revenue funding. Projects lasting up to two years can be funded.
The deadline for Round 10 applications is 5pm on Thursday 11 February 2021.