The Skills for Growth Programme is here to help Tees Valley SMEs fill any skills gaps within their team – now, or in the future – to boost productivity, and improve their competitive position.
You can access funded support from an expert skills development advisor to help you pin-point your business’s skills needs, navigate your options, and access further training, or support needed to grow.
The Skills for Growth Programme acts as a streamlined gateway to help Tees Valley SMEs access the skills training and support available locally.
Through access to specialist skills development advisors, you will be supported to:
- Identify skills gaps within your business – now, or in the future.
- Understand your training needs and create a skills development plan.
- Navigate the complex training landscape across Tees Valley, assess your options, and access specialist training or support.
Under Government guidelines, furloughed employees are eligible to still undertake training schemes. This means that through the Skills for Growth brokerage service, training can still be provided to employees who are continuing to work throughout the coronavirus pandemic, giving them a valuable opportunity to learn and develop new skills while not at work.
As a joint initiative with Teesside University, the Skills for Growth Programme will also take a proactive research approach to help shape and inform future training and development provision for SME’s across Tees Valley.
The Skills for Growth Programme will be open to applications from SMEs (a small or medium-sized enterprise with fewer than 250 employees) based in the Tees Valley (Darlington, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland and Stockton-on-Tees).
The support is free to access and applications are encouraged from employers across a wide range of sectors, including:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Chemical and Process
- Life Sciences
- Energy and Renewables
- Business and Professional Services
- Health and Social Care
- Culture and Leisure
Register now if you are:
- An SME employer with fewer than 250 employees
- Based in the Tees Valley (Darlington, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland and Stockton-on-Tees).