Location: Combination of office working and home working, as required
Salary: £25,000-30,000, dependent on experience pro rata
Hours per week: 24 per week
The Finance Manager is responsible for creating and managing efficient financial systems and to compile reports for the Chief Executive and Board as required.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Preparation of the end of month accounts including:
- Budget monitoring reports (monthly)
- Cash flow forecast (quarterly)
- Restricted funds analysis (quarterly)
- Forecast outturn (quarterly)
- Balance sheet (quarterly)
- Contribution to the process of producing annual accounts and annual audit
- Presentation of the above to bi-monthly meetings of our Trustee-led Audit and Risk Committee, monthly meetings with the CEO, and occasional meetings with the full Catalyst Board
- Day-to-day liaison with the CEO
- Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all projects, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting
- Coordinate the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary;
- Manage organisational cash flow and forecasting;
- Ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements;
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; maintain the finance policy and procedures;
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors and Audit and Risk Committee;
- Constantly review banking arrangements to ensure timely transfer of funds and minimise exchange loses and bank charges;
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
- Advise VCSE organisations in how they can be compliant with financial management expectations of receiving grant funding from Catalyst and other sources.
- Line manage the Finance Assistant
Like all Catalyst Team members at all levels of the organisation there is an expectation to be available to help others in the delivery of services to the VCSE. It is expected that all staff members are enthusiastic, supportive and interested in each other’s work and that every member knows it is their responsibility to engender a positive and happy work environment. Staff are also expected to take seriously their own development and learning and to seek areas where they can develop their skills and knowledge further.
Specifically the Finance Manager will:
– Attend supervision and appraisal sessions with the Chief Executive;
– Attend weekly team briefing meetings on Mondays;
– Support the smooth running of the building as required including liaising with tenants, undertaking reception duties and answering the telephone;
– Attend Board meetings to report on finance as requested.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 28th February 9am
How to apply:
Full Job Description Here
Application Form Here
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org using the application form attached. If you would like to know more about the role and have an informal chat with someone, please phone Catalyst on 01642 703966 – someone will take a message and a Manager will phone you back.