Non-accredited training programme for men aged between 25 to 65 years old.
Starting Monday 28th October 2019
The course is delivered over 3 sessions (9.30am-13.30pm) on Monday’s from Newtown Community Resource Centre, 123 Durham Road, Stockton on Tees, TS19 0DE.
The course is designed to build confidence and motivation by:
- Identifying and overcoming barriers.
- Discovering personal traits and types of employment that they are suited for
- Rediscovering their strengths and aspirations
- Identifying own real values and beliefs
- Self-identification of changes needed to move on
- Identification of agencies and/or people who could help them
- Signposting to external support
- Advice on potential routes to training and employment
- Goal setting
- Identification of future needs and what they would like to achieve
Breakdown of the 3 sessions:
- About getting the group talking, what they are proud of and group activities, identifying their characters
- Identifying what maybe preventing them moving on, Diamond group exercise (everyone is born in terms of a perfect diamond but over time this gets damage) – general example of how a diamond may have been damaged, Values exercise focusing on strengths and in terms of weaknesses (how these can be addressed), Goal setting (setting 3 top goals) – we will send out a postcard to remind them!
- Concentrates on what can help individuals move forward that will give them the motivation and confidence to move forward
To make a referral or book a place please contact: Actes on 01642 255001