Applications can now be submitted by young people aged 14 to 25 years for grants of £500 to run a wide range of creative projects that celebrate UK native plants and fungi in exciting and engaging ways.
Project ideas include:
- Creating visual art through painting or photography.
- Music, poetry or dance.
- Transforming a space in the local community.
- Designing a fashion collection.
Previous projects have involved around 100 people each, through events, performances and gatherings. In this funding round a total of 50 projects will be supported.
The project should be mainly run by the young people, but they need to work with a supporting organisation that will receive the funding on their behalf and support the project. The supporting organisation must be an established and relevant organisation that is charitable in purpose or not for profit. In particular:
- Voluntary, youth or community groups.
- Education bodies (excluding primary schools).
- Arts charities.
- Local authorities or other council bodies.
- Health authorities.
The funding is available for projects starting from May 2020 onwards and projects have to be completed by October 2020.
The deadline for applications is 30 March 2020.
Content source: www.grantfinder.co.uk