Cleveland Fire Support Network (CFSN) works with communities, enhancing life chances for all and promoting a safe environment for all.
They are seeking to recruit a motivated individual to develop, manage and administrate funding on behalf of CFSN, assisting in managing and developing existing funding relationships and in securing new sources of funding from a portfolio of supporters. The post-holder will also produce progress reports and other materials required by funders and supporters.
Salary: £12.00 per hour
Holidays: 28 days per year pro rata including public holidays
Hours of work: 25 hours per week – Evening work may be required
Contract Duration: Fixed Term for 1 Year
Office Base: Surtees Business Park / Sutton Community Centre, Middlesbrough
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
The role is a varied one, but the three main areas of responsibility will initially be balanced as follows:
- Preparing applications and reports for, and managing relationships with funders: Approx. 50% of the role.
- Supporting the development and delivery of CFSN’s individual, events and corporate funding strategies:
Approx. 35% of the role.
- Delivering communications, marketing and publicity-based activities, particularly where, these support the development of voluntary giving: Approx. 15% of the role.
The post-holder will add value to the organisation’s existing work in the areas above – consolidating and bringing a high-quality approach to existing relationships and income streams, whilst bringing drive and energy to develop new opportunities. There is real opportunity to progress within the role, and to help shape the future of CFSN funding mix – and the role itself – in the short to-medium term in line with the organisation’s evolution and new opportunities which emerge.
Grant applications and administration:
- Raise funds by preparing an agreed range of funding applications in line with CFSN’s Business Plans, Strategic Plans and Funding Development Strategies, particularly those targeting trusts, foundations and local businesses, and assist in the preparation of bids to other funding agencies as required.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets within funding bids, working closely with the CEO and other CFSN staff to ensure accurate costings.
- Prepare an agreed range of reports and other materials for funding agencies, particularly for trusts, foundations and other funding sources as required.
- Work with the CEO to assist in effective expenditure reporting to trusts, foundations, and other funding agencies as required.
- Act as the first point of contact for specified funding agencies and individuals.
- Attend meetings, conferences and events pertinent to trust, foundation and other relevant sources of funding.
Voluntary fundraising and funding development:
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of CFSN’s Funding.
- Develop relationships with individuals and businesses to encourage support and increase voluntary giving activity.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the challenge event portfolio including supporter care and event planning.
- Administer a portfolio of websites through which online voluntary giving to CFSN is possible (e.g. “Virginmoneygiving” and “JustTextGiving”).
- Remain vigilant for developments in the local business, voluntary giving, trust and foundation sector that might provide opportunities for developing CFSN’s funding base.
Communications, marketing & publicity:
- Co-ordinate the management and administration of case studies, statements of support, quotes, photographic, video and other materials for use in CFSN’s communications.
- Administer and keep up-to-date CFSN’s social media pages and produce funding related content for our website. Support the development of these resources to maximise their effectiveness and impact.
- Produce and administer an agreed range of communications materials including a supporter newsletter to maintain and enhance relationships with businesses, voluntary givers and partners.
- Assist in the production of press releases when required.
- Carry out promotion and marketing of challenge events and fundraising activity Internal
- Keep effective records of funding bids, reports and communications with trusts, foundations, businesses and voluntary givers, in accordance with established CFSN information management systems.
- Assist in the production of reports for CFSN CEO and Board.
- Assist in inducting, training, supporting and occasionally line managing volunteers or paid interns taken on to support funding, contracts and communications work for which you have lead responsibility.
- Work within the policies and procedures of CFSN and undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job title, as may be determined by the CEO.
- Undertake training and professional development as and when required.
Skills and experience
- Educated to a high standard, preferably degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working in fundraising, including the preparation of funding applications for trusts, foundations or businesses.
- Proven track record in raising income from at least one of the following sources: trusts, foundations, individuals or businesses.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to present CFSN’s work effectively and persuasively to a range of stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills, and the ability to motivate people and organisations to support CFSN’s work.
- Systematic and thorough, with an eye for detail.
- Highly numerate.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload, working under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel).
- Educated to degree level
- Some working knowledge of social media, website content management, and / or online giving platforms.
- Understanding of budgeting and financial reporting.
- Some working knowledge of PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Some working knowledge of databases.
- Commitment to CFSN’s mission and values – desire to make a difference.
- Team player
- Flexible, and willing to work in the fast-paced and constantly changing environment of a growing charity which operates across the UK
- Conscientious and responsible
- Ability to work on own initiative and to contribute ideas
- Ability to support and enthuse others and maintain a professional image
CFSN is committed to promoting equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your curriculum vitae and supporting statement to –firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12pm on the 31st October 2020