The Ireland Funds Great Britain has launched a new round of funding for charitable projects across Great Britain and Ireland.
Grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 are available for charities and not-for-profit organisations to support charitable projects in communities across Great Britain and the isle of Ireland, whether of Irish descent or not. Eligible organisations must be based within either Great Britain or the 32 Counties of Ireland and have an annual income of less than £1 million.
Funding is available for projects in the following areas:
- Community Development – Supporting initiatives that contribute to:
- The avoidance of hardship by supporting vulnerable members of society, whether of Irish descent or not, and servicing basic/critical needs.
- Peace and Reconciliation – Supporting initiatives in Northern Ireland that contribute to:
- The strengthening of cross-community relations.
- The treatment and resolution of transgenerational trauma.
- Assisting young people at risk across Northern Ireland’s communities.
- Education – Programmes that contribute to:
- Reconnecting people of all ages with education and employment opportunities.
- Reskilling and upskilling, in particular the older generation.
- Arts and Culture – Promoting initiatives that contribute to:
- Connecting communities with Irish culture and heritage.
- Sharing Irish culture with the next generation and across communities.
There is two staged application process. The first step requires applicants to submit a letter of enquiry outlining the details of the proposed project.
Letters of Enquiry for 2021 will be accepted from 8 November to 21 November (23:00).