UK voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations have just over a week to apply for their share of a climate engagement fund which has been increased by £1 million to now total £3.5 million.
The Together for Our Planet programme is offering grants of £1,000 to £10,000 for activities relating to the climate in one of the following areas:
- Waste and consumption
- The natural environment
Approximately 400 to 500 awards will be made through this National Lottery Community Fund programme, with each project required to meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Support the development of a longer-term climate action within communities after the COP26 event.
- Encourage communities to plan for the climate emergency.
- Celebrate the importance of community-led climate action and encourage more people to get involved.
- Build resilience in communities hardest hit by climate change.
- Provide jobs, skills or training opportunities for communities which support climate action.
The funder is particularly interested in applications from groups who are starting to think about taking action on climate change in their communities.
The deadline for applications is 18 November 2021 (5pm).