Grants for charities providing domestic abuse safe accommodation (including refuges) in England to ensure existing services remain open and to create additional capacity and support during the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis.
- Funding body: Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG)
- Maximum value: £ 100,000
- Application deadline: 21/05/2020
The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) has secured £10 million as part of a £76 million Government package of support for the most vulnerable in society.
Objectives of Fund
The new fund will support domestic abuse safe accommodation charities from 1 April to 30 September and will help ensure that:
- Safe accommodation services can continue operating and keep bed spaces open for victims and their children fleeing from abuse during COVID-19 emergency.
- Safe accommodation services can help more victims access these life-saving services.
A total of £10 million is being made available.
MHCLG expect prospective applicants to apply for a maximum of £100,000 per individual bid, however, it will consider bids of more than £100,000 in the case of consortium bids or when bids demonstrate exceptional value for money.
Match Funding Restrictions
During this unprecedented time, MHCLG expects charities to contribute something towards the additional costs they are facing from their own resources
Who Can Apply
Applicants must be charities providing domestic abuse safe accommodation services in England, who meet the definition of being a charitable, benevolent or philanthropic institution in the Charities Act 2006.
Bid applications must be submitted by service providers of domestic abuse safe accommodation, or the lead applicant acting on behalf of a consortium
Applications are ‘strongly’ encouraged from consortiums of service provider partners.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Capital costs.
- Costs incurred before 1 April 2020.
- Costs that are met by other income sources, whether from local authority funding, charitable grant funding, other Government COVID-19 support packages, or any other sources (this does not limit separate applications to different COVID-19 support packages for separate service elements).
The funding is to be used for revenue costs (costs associated with maintaining existing services and additional capacity to meet increase in demand), including the following:
- Maintaining existing services (where not met by other income sources or fundable from existing resources of charity) such as:
- Staffing costs for additional staff cover.
- Purchasing of essential supplies, such as food and toiletries for residents where usual support channels are unavailable.
- Meeting additional COVID-19 costs, such as deep cleaning.
- Purchasing office equipment to enable remote working where this is practicable.
- Costs of services for additional capacity to help address increased demand, including accommodation costs of additional bedspaces and staff to support these additional victims.
How To Apply
The deadline for bids is 21 May 2020. The aim is to announce decisions by the end of May.
The prospectus and application form are available on GOV.UK website.
The completed application form should be submitted by email to DomesticAbuse.Fund@communities.gov.uk