Grants are available for registered charities, hospitals, and hospices to transform the lives of sick children across the UK
This fund aims to enrich and improve the quality of life of sick children in hospitals and hospices in any area of the UK. Funding is intended to help provide a wide range of support to patients, families, and staff, including the provision of medical and sensory equipment, free family accommodation, arts and play activities, music therapy sessions, and respite care.
Grants of between £100 and £5,000 are available for the current round.
Match Funding Restrictions
Applicants may be required to provide the remainder of any costs from alternative sources.
Who Can Apply
Registered charities, hospitals and hospices can apply.
Preference will be given to distributing grants directly to children’s hospitals and hospices in regional centres across the UK that meet the following criteria:
- Provide a geographically regional healthcare service to a wide range of children in a hospital or hospice.
- Do not discriminate on the grounds of wealth, race, sexuality, religion, or disability.
Applications from organisations working within hospitals and hospices will be considered but will require a supporting reference from the hospital or hospice itself.
Only one application per organisation per year may be submitted. No hospital or hospice will receive two awards within the same financial year.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Charities not supporting children’s healthcare.
- Organisations that do not have charitable status.
- Animal, religious, or international charities.
- Retrospective costs.
- Organisations that do not work within a hospital or hospice environment.
- Organisations that provide excursions, holidays, or away days.
- Applications from individuals.
- Clown Doctors.
- Applications for any one childhood disease.
Funding is intended for projects that aim to improve the quality of life of sick children in hospitals or hospices. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Arts, music, play, and leisure programmes in a hospital or hospice setting.
- Facilities to support families of children treated in hospitals or hospices.
- Welcoming and accessible environments.
- Care and facilities in hospices.
- Promoting education and information programmes.
- Supporting children with physical and emotional difficulties.
- Medical equipment when it can be shown that funding is not available from statutory sources.
- Respite care.
- Provision of sensory equipment.
Grants have previously been awarded to:
- Demelza Hospice Care for Children.
- Julia’s House Hospice.
- Lister Hospital.
- Rockinghorse Children’s Charity.
- Derian House Children’s Hospice.
- Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
- Northern Ireland Children’s Hospice.
How To Apply
The deadline for applications is Fri 11 February 2022.
Successful applicants will be notified in Spring 2022.
Read the guidelines and fill out the application form HERE
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com