Arts Council England Invites Applications for Grants to Promote Volunteering
Volunteering Futures is a time limited priority forming part of the wider National Lottery Project Grants Programme, set to open on 22 November 2021.
There is a total funding pot of £4.7 million available, with groups able to apply for grants of £100,001 and above.
Applications will be accepted from community and cultural organisations across England.
Consortia and partnership bids comprising a diverse range of organisations are encouraged.
- Seek to create or build on partnerships between arts and cultural organisations, heritage, sport and physical activity, youth and other community sectors.
- Create significant numbers of volunteer opportunities in projects focused on creativity and culture.
- Improve access to volunteering.
- Support young people and individuals who face barriers to volunteering.
- Create a demonstrable, lasting benefit for participating groups and communities, especially those heavily impacted by the pandemic.
- Explore, expand or scale innovation in volunteering practice that may have emerged during the pandemic.
- Involve the voice of volunteer participants in project planning and decision-making as well as delivery.
- Consider supporting wider opportunities for participants to progress into other roles, further education, apprenticeships or employment in creativity and culture.
- Consider the long-term sustainability of the activities and partnerships create.
- Generate, and share good practice widely.
Activities must start no earlier than 1 April 2022 and finish no later than March 2024.
Expressions of Interest will be open from 22 November 2021 to 7 December 2021.