Nepacs Hidden Sentence and Listening Skills Awareness Training – VIA ZOOM.
Nepacs – a long standing north east charity which supports prisoners’ families – delivers a range of services to support children and families impacted by imprisonment at prisons, court and in the community.
To help raise awareness of the needs of prisoners’ families and how agencies can support them Nepacs deliver Hidden Sentence training to professionals from health, local authorities, education, criminal justice and the voluntary sector. So far over 1,900 professionals across the North East have received the training including teachers, social workers, police, prison and probation workers, mental health workers, midwives, health visitors, district nurses, GPs, school nurses, offender health, voluntary sector staff etc.
Hidden Sentence awareness sessions, lasting 2.5 hours via Zoom.
Wednesday 24 March 2021 – 9.30am-12noon
- Understand the impact of imprisonment on prisoners’ families
- Understand the support needs of prisoners’ families
- Understand the needs and wishes of prisoners’ families
- Increased awareness of the range of resources available for people working with children and families of prisoners.
Listening support skills virtual training sessions, lasting 2.5 hours via Zoom.
Tuesday 16 March 2021 – 9.30am-12noon
- Understand the need for and skills necessary to deliver appropriate listening support
- Understand and have knowledge of different listening skills and the use of appropriate communication when delivering listening support
- The opportunity to practice skills and consider applying them to difficult situations and topics
- Understand the limitations of listening support, the boundaries of confidentiality and when these must be breached
To book a place on any of the above virtual awareness sessions please go to: www.bookwhen.com/nepacs
If you would like to commission the training or any awareness sessions for your organisation please contact the training team on 0191 332 3810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org