The South African COVID-19 variant has been identified in your area – it is really important that you have a COVID-19 test.
- Protect yourself
- Protect your loved ones
- Protect Stockton-on-Tees
If you are over the age of 16 and live in the TS 19 area you are strongly encouraged to get a test, even if you don’t have symptoms or have had the Covid – 19 vaccine.
The evidence suggests this variant is more infectious than some other variant so we need to identify cases as quickly as possible.
The more cases we find, the better chance we have of suppressing it.
The tests are free and easy to arrange.
If you are clinically extremely vulnerable and are shielding you do not need to get a test unless you have Covid-19 symptoms.
How to get a test
If you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19 you should book a test at one of the following sites. You should use the testing site closest to where you live or work:
- Tithebarn House on High Newham Road in Hardwick
- Splash in Stockton
- Billingham Forum
- Thornaby Pavillion
Tests at the above sites can be booked at www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus/testing or by calling 01642 528474.
If you have symptoms you must book a test at www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or by calling 119.
Tests for people with symptoms are available at:
- Billingham Forum car park
- Cranworth Street car park in Thornaby
- South Thornaby Community Centre
- Dairy Car Park in Stockton (behind the Hampton by Hilton Hotel)
To help reduce the spread of Coronavirus always remember:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap.
- Wear a face covering when you can’t keep 2 m apart
- Keep 2 m apart from people you don’t live with all aren’t in your support bubble.
For further information and advice visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus.