VONNE is thrilled to announce their first free introductory session on innovation for the VCSE sector. This event is part of VONNE’s programme of support to the VCSE sector for Innovation, Governance and Leadership.
Date: Tuesday 5th February
Time: 9:15pm – 12:30pm
Location: Room 3, 5th Floor, MEA House, Ellison Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, TWR NE1 8XS
This half day workshop will be led by innovation expert Michael Coates, MD of Protostar, who has supported organisations across all sectors to embrace innovation and make their organisations more efficient. The session will be fast paced and enlightening. It will cover:
- What is innovation?
- What is the difference between innovation and invention?
- Why you should be interested in innovation
- The potential risks of not innovating
- How it applies to services and work processes (i.e. what you do as a VCSE organisation) and not just products like cars
- How it can be used to save money
- What a culture of innovation requires
- A glimpse of some easy to learn techniques for encouraging innovation.
- Further support available from VONNE through the programme
Places will be capped at 15 for the first workshop, so please book early to avoid disappointment.