Adult Inpatient Unit
37.5 hours per week
Would you like to develop your leadership and management skills in a speciality that you are you passionate about?
At Butterwick Hospice care, we believe ‘every moment counts,’ that’s why since 1984 we have endeavoured to provide the Stockton and surrounding areas with the highest quality of care and comfort for palliative and end-of-life care.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Sister to join our dedicated Adult Inpatient Unit team at our Stockton site. We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic Junior Sister who has a passion for providing and delivering high quality, holistic palliative and end-of-life care, whether that is from medical and social or spiritual and emotional support.
The Junior Sister will have a major role in ensuring the provision of high standards of patient care, and must be able to carry out their work with minimum supervision. You will assist with the organisation and management of the unit, to deliver care for patients who have life limiting illnesses. This may be in the form of an admission for symptom control, respite or end-of-life care. You will undertake nursing assessments, plan, implement and evaluate patient care in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team and provide symptom control. In order to provide true holistic care, you will also be involved in providing appropriate support for families and carers.
The position will offer you the opportunity to develop your leadership and management skills, as you will be expected to lead a motivated and talented team of nurses and healthcare-assistants. The Junior Sister post requires you to act as role model, teacher and supervisor for nursing staff and students. As a member of the leadership team, you will also be responsible for recognising and implementing service improvements to ensure clinical practice, education and professional nursing are delivered at the highest quality standard.
This is an exciting time to join our clinical team as the Butterwick Hospice is undergoing a developmental change as we work towards achieving an outstanding rating with CQC.
What we’re looking for:
- Applicants must hold a current NMC Registration at the time of application and have a minimum 2 years post-registration experience
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills to liaise with professional colleagues, patients, carers and relatives
- Leadership and management experience
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Flexibility to work shifts over a 24 hour period
- An acute/community background in palliative and end-of-life care
- A passion to learn and improve service provisions
- Work within their competencies and recognise their limitations
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- 35 days holidays (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Private pension scheme (option to transfer NHS pension)
- Free onsite parking
- Continuous Professional Development opportunities
- Free uniform
- Flexible working
Closing date: 18/08/2021
This post is deemed to require an Enhanced Disclosure Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service due to the fact that there is access to children or vulnerable adults.
Applicants are asked to note that if you have not heard within 14 days of the closing date you are asked to assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for the interest you have shown in working for Butterwick Hospice. For further vacancies please see our website.