Anyone who lives or works in the Borough who does not have symptoms can now get a free COVID-19 test.
One in three people who have COVID-19 do not experience symptoms, so identifying people who have COVID-19 without any symptoms helps to stop the spread of the virus because they know to stay at home until they are no longer infectious.
There are a range of ways to get tested including …
- Attending one of the Borough’s Community Testing sites
- Billingham community Centre/ Adult Education Centre – 7 days/week 10am-6pm
- Ragworth Community Centre – 5 days/week 8am – 4pm
- Splash, Stockton – 7 days/week 10am – 6pm from 26 April Appointments at Splash must be booked in advance using or by calling 01642 528474 (The testing site at Splash will be replaced by a new unit at Wellington Square on 26th April: Unit 5, Wellington Square, Stockton)
- Elmwood Community Centre – 5 days/week 8am – 4pm
- South Thornaby Community Centre – 7 days/week 8am – 4pm
- Ingleby Barwick Community Hub – Mon, Tue, Fri 8am – 4pm
- *New*Clarences’ Community Hub Pop Up Site (from Thurs 29 April) – Tues and Thurs 10am-12noon
- Collecting a pack of tests to do at home. Home testing kits can be collected from:
- The Dairy car park in Stockton (behind the Hampton by Hilton Hotel) or Billingham Forum car park.
- A local pharmacy. You can find your nearest pharmacy offering this service using this link
- Home testing kits will also be available for collection from the Community Testing Sites listed above and from Thornaby Central Library.
- Ordering a pack of tests online using the GOV.UK website to be delivered to their home.