Coronavirus hasn’t gone away, cases remain high so we all need to do our bit to help each other enjoy a safe and happy Christmas. Keep protecting yourself and your family and friends by:
- Getting vaccinated as soon as you can and have the booster as soon as you are eligible.
- Wearing a face covering on public transport, in shops and settings such as banks, post offices, and hairdressers, unless you’re exempt from doing so.
- Taking a rapid lateral flow test on days when you’re more likely to catch or spread COVID-19, such as before you mix with people in crowded indoor places or visit someone who is at higher risk of getting severely ill from COVID-19.
- Meet people outdoors when possible and keep windows open if you do meet indoors.
- Follow new international travel rules which includes taking a test 48 hours before returning to England and taking a PCR test on your return to England before the end of day two and self-isolating until you’ve had a negative result .
- Self-isolating for ten days if you are identified as a close contact of someone who is suspected of having the Omicron variant of COVID-19. It is important to self-isolate even if you’ve been vaccinated.
For the latest advice visit www.stockton.gov.uk/coronavirus