Maintenance Cognitive Stimulation Therapy Vacancy
The Maintenance Cognitive Stimulation Therapy Service will be delivered 1 day per week (7 hours). Courses will be delivered in Community Hubs across Stockton, Hartlepool and Redcar and Cleveland and online.
The duties will require the post holder to:
- Develop weekly course programmes in line with MCST and vMCST training and guidelines
- Deliver MCST and vMCST sessions to clients and their carers recording outcomes, attendances etc.
- To promote MCST sessions to external organisations to encourage participation and ensure the referral process is clear.
- To deliver a 24 week programme of maintenance cognitive stimulation activities (twice per year) that comply with NICE guidelines.
- To deliver a 24 week programme of Virtual Maintenance Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (twice a year) to comply with NICE guidelines.
- To ensure an initial assessment takes place to identify the outcomes that both the carer and the client want to achieve through the service.
- To ensure compliance with Age UK national standards and internal quality assurance systems.
- To monitor the progress of clients and carers throughout their journey with the service including a final assessment at the end of the programme.
- To be a key contact person for health colleagues to engage with and refer clients to, set up initial appointments, identify realistic goals and develop actions plans to ensure agreed health outcomes are achieved.
- To assist clients at the end of their programme to engage with other services offered by the organisation, or by partner agencies, and to keep abreast of their progress within these other groups.
- To work with the Chief Executive to develop marketing and promotional plans and materials.
- To maintain the data management information system (Charitylog) for reporting purposes including producing quality reports for our funders.
- Responsible for Recruiting, training and retaining volunteers.
- To lead, motivate and manage the team to develop the service and ensure continuous improvement and best practice.
- Put the safeguarding of vulnerable adults at the heart of the service. Ensuring, at all times, that the team are fully trained, up-to-date and confident with both complying with best practice and using the Charity’s Safeguarding Policies.
- Maintain systems necessary to record information regarding the service
- Collect information assist in the evaluation and overall effectiveness of the service against the set outcomes. Prepare information on improvements and future developments
- Develop and maintain a database of service users and the service users needs, to be accessible to the local authority for monitoring purposes
- Work with other providers and prepare information on improvements and future development
- Work with partners and other identified agencies to promote the wellbeing of clients (patients)
- Work within AUKT policies and procedures
Training and Development
- Complete training as required by Age UK Teesside
Health and Safety and Data Protection
- Work within AUKT policies and procedures
- Work in a positive and professional manner will all partners, stakeholders and relevant organisations to promote the project
- Due to the nature of this project certain tasks are unpredictable and varied and the post holder is therefore expected to be flexible and take on tasks which are not detailed in the job description
- Attend all relevant meetings related to this role
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practice
Experience of working with people Living with Dementia is essential.
The post may involve occasional evening and weekend work for which time in lieu can be claimed.
The above list is not exhaustive and you will be expected to undertake any other reasonable duties that may be required.
A full driving license and access to a vehicle will be essential to carrying out the duties of the role.
The post holder will be required to complete an enhanced disclosure application with the Disclosure & Barring service (DBS).
If this role is of interest please download and complete the application form and return to email@example.com by 31st December 2021. Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted – interviews will be held during January in Middlesbrough.
Download Application Form HERE