Catalyst is the leading voice for Stockton-on-Tees voluntary, community and enterprise sector (VCSE). We work with all types of organisations, to find innovative solutions that help the VCSE sector continually improve and thrive. Catalyst offers a range of specialist support and benefits to VCSE organisations in Stockton.
- is strong, well-run and effective
- delivers innovative, new ways of building capacity within Stockton-on-Tees’ voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector
- delivers strategic and practical support for VCSE sector organisations
- genuinely listens to and represents Stockton-on-Tees’ VCSE sector and campaigns for its future
- supports a local VCSE sector which is innovative, and committed to quality and delivering results
- is in place to be prepared to shape public policy
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and creative Marketing and Communications Officer.
The Marketing and Communications Officer is responsible for leading the editorial, strategic, creative and operational communications for Catalyst as an organisation. They will play a key role in ensuring our communications are both influential and informative for the full range of our stakeholders.
This is a 12-month temporary role, perfect for someone who wants to work closely with other Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise organisations in Stockton-on-Tees.
Salary: £23,642 (pro rata to 4 days a week)
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop and take ownership of Catalyst’s Communications Strategy
- Help maintain and build reputation
- Support staff to make effective use of the Catalyst brand for all projects and events
- Development of brand materials
- Creating, compiling and distributing a weekly e-bulletin
- Graphic design work and photography for banners, posters, logos, on-line etc
- Drafting, editing and distributing materials for the press
- Fielding inquiries from stakeholders including journalists, politicians and service users
- Develop, manage, update and write content for Catalyst website
- Advise colleagues on content and strategic direction of Stockton Volunteers website
- Responsible for on-line growth and reach, by implementing social media strategy and maintaining social media accounts
- Marketing and communicate details of events
- Provide creative, editorial and operational support for communications projects
- General admin duties as required
- Plan/create multi-media communications materials
- Update the Board on Communications matters
- Delivering training on branding and social media
- External branding consultancy for VCSE organisations
- Participate in regular supervision.
- Attend all mandatory training.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols.
- Pay regard to materials and equipment.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Equal Opportunity Policy.
- Seek advice and support from the CE, other colleagues whenever necessary.
Closing date: Monday 18th Oct, 9:00am