Nominations for the 2018/19 Civic Awards are now open.
Everyone knows an individual, a couple, group/organisation, or business that deserves recognition for the fantastic difference they make in the lives of others across the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees. Its time to draw attention to the great things they do and have done, and let them know that they are appreciated.
The awards honour local people and organisations or businesses that have made a real difference to our community; and officially recognise the achievements that have been made. The award categories are:
- Young Person Award (aged up to 18 years old)
- Service to Community Award (Individuals)
- Service to Community Award (Groups & Organisations)
- Service to Community Award (Businesses)
- Health and Well-being Award
- Green Award
- Carer/Foster Carer Award
You can make your nomination by downloading and completing the form below. The deadline for submitting nominations is Friday 18 January 2019.
Last Year’s Civic Award Winners
Below is a list of the 2017/18 Civic Award category winners:
Young Person Award (aged up to 18 years old)
– Winner: Savannah Hounsome
Service to the Community Award (Individuals)
– Winner: John Christie
Service to the Community Award (Groups & Organisations)
– Joint Winners: Soroptimist International and St. Mary’s Advent Calendar Team
Service to the Community Award (Business)
– Joint Winners: Jacobs and Wilton Engineering Services Ltd.
Health & Wellbeing Award
– Winner: David Munt
– Winner: Clarences’ Horticultural Centre & Community Gardens
Carer/Foster Carer Award
– Joint Winners : Kathleen Mitchell, Shelia Branson, Trish and Kenny Leishman
Special Carer Award – Ivy Lee
Special Business Award – Chris Musgrave