Catalyst is seeking to recruit a Migration Project Coordinator. This position will enhance the impact of Catalyst’s current support for VCSE organisations that deliver services to Asylum Seekers & Refugees in the borough of Stockton-on-Tees.
Job title: Migration Project Coordinator
Responsible to: Community Programme Manager
Location: Stockton on Tees
Salary: £15,000 (£25,000 pro-rata)
Hours: 3 days/22 hours per week (fixed-term – 12 months)
Catalyst is the leading voice for Stockton-on-Tees’ voluntary, community and enterprise sector (VCSE). We work with all types of organisations, to find innovative solutions that help the VCSE sector continually improve and thrive. Catalyst offers a range of specialist support and benefits to its 400+ members
- is strong, well-run and effective
- delivers innovative, new ways of building capacity within Stockton-on-Tees’ voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector
- delivers strategic and practical support for VCSE sector organisations
- genuinely listens to and represents Stockton-on-Tees’ VCSE sector and campaigns for its future
- supports a local VCSE sector which is innovative, and committed to quality and delivering results
- is in place to be prepared to shape public policy
Every year, hundreds of refugees, asylum seekers and migrants arrive in Stockton-on-Tees with little support, money, or opportunities.
Working as the Migration Co-Ordinator you will be responsible for driving forward the Stockton Borough Asylum Seeker & Refugee Forum, under the guidance of the Catalyst Community Programme Manager, as well as supporting individual organisations in the sector.
The Migration Coordinator (MC) is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific Asylum Seeker and Refugee projects ensuring consistency with Catalyst strategy, commitments and goals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving forward the Stockton Borough Asylum Seeker & Refugee Forum, under the guidance of the Catalyst Community Programme Manager, as well as supporting individual organisations in the sector.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of the issues faced by refugees, asylum seekers and migrants at risk. S/he will have a good understanding of the challenges faced by these groups, including destitution and inability to access services due to ‘no recourse to public funds’ status. S/he will be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a range of stakeholders.
The Project Officer (PO) is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific Asylum Seeker and Refugee projects ensuring consistency with Catalyst strategy, commitments and goals. The post holder will work closely with the Chief Executive and the Community Programme Manager (CPM) as well as other Catalyst staff/volunteers to co-ordinate interrelated project activity. They will also identify and develop new projects including generating external funds to ensure their success.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Continue the development and coordination of the Asylum Seekers & Refugees and Multi-Cultural forums working in partnership with Stockton Borough Council;
- Work with Statutory and VCSE organisations to provide a coordinated approach via the Asylum Seekers & Refugees Forum
- Liaise directly with those providing services and those accessing services to collate feedback, issues and concerns to feedback to inform the Asylum Seekers & Refugee Steering Group;
- Support and contribute to the Stockton Orientation Programme for new arrivals;
- Ensure that the Directory of services for agencies working with Asylum Seekers & Refugees is kept up-to-date and relevant;
- Provide secretariat to Asylum Seekers & Refugees and Multi-Cultural forums;
- Maintain membership details of forum members and ensure that this information complies with Catalyst data policies;
- Attend external meetings as identified by the Catalyst Chief Executive and the Community Programme Manager and report back as required;
- Assist in the planning and organising of Catalyst events as required;
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries;
- Handle requests for information and data;
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls;
- Aid the VCSE with GrantFinder applications;
- Contribute to the work of Catalyst as appropriate and adhere to the organisation’s policies and ethos;
- Attend Catalyst team meetings and organisational initiatives as required;
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate and within the post holders capabilities;
- Have responsibility for one’s own health and safety in accordance with Catalyst health and safety policy;
- As a Catalyst team member, be a positive force to ensure that a sense of harmony and collaboration exists in the workplace.
- Participate in regular supervision;
- Attend all mandatory training;
- Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols;
- Pay regard to materials and equipment;
- Carry out duties with due regard to all policies and procedures contained within the Staff Handbook;
- Seek advice and support from the Community Programme Manager as required or, in their absence, the Chief Executive.
Further information about the role can be gained by contacting the incumbent, Karen Grundy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or with regard to the recruitment process by contacting Aylia Atherley at email@example.com or ringing either on 01642 7338906.
Applications can be made on the attached form only and must be returned by 9.00am on Wednesday 8th January 2020, with shortlisting taking place on Thursday 9th January.
It is hoped interviews will be held on Friday 17th January.