New Tees Valley Independent Living Service Launched!
Daisy Chain is proud to announce that on the 1st of February 2021 they launched a specialist independent living training and advice service. Residents with Autism and associated neurodiversity needs, residing within the Tees Valley will for the first time, have access to specialist targeted support.
The Aim of the Service
To empower and support adults with Autism access and sustain appropriate housing, through the provision of specialist:
- Benefit & Housing Advice
- Money Management and Budgeting
- Independent living skills and training
- Post tenancy support
- Triage to Daisy Chains employability and holistic support services
Who is the service for?
- Young adults
- Autistic and neurodiverse (pre, during and post diagnosis)
- Pre-tenancy or tenant
What the service will offer: 121 Support
- Support with tenancy application processes
- Early intervention and support to help prevent home loss/early termination/eviction
- Benefit checks to ensure that clients are in receipt of everything that they are entitled, support to apply for Benefits and challenge decisions
- Help to identify and apply for appropriate Grants (e.g. white goods schemes, local Social Fund, charity applications)
Independent living skills
- Pre-tenancy group workshops to ensure that clients have the skills and tools to maintain a sustainable tenancy; budgeting, writing a shopping lists, understanding a tenant’s/ landlord’s responsibilities
How to make a referral
You can make a referral to the service by emailing email@example.com